Friday, February 1, 2013

The Fine Art of THE BRIDES WORE BLOOD


I posted a newspaper ad for the premiere of The Brides Wore Blood awhile back, courtesy of former Florida filmmaker Fred Olen Ray. A few months later, Fred sent me the fantastic artwork below, which he originally commissioned for some advertising, but ultimately never used. ("I think people were turned off by the idea that a pregnant woman was stabbing herself in the stomach," Ray told me.) It looks much closer to the image in the original film (but not much like what was used on the video box above). The artist was Chet Collom, who also did work on Satan's Cheerleaders, The Phantom Empire, and Cycle Vixens.


1 comment:

  1. THE BRIDES WORE BLOOD states it was shot in Jacksonville, FL, but it was actually shot it St. Augustine, FL, about 30-45mins south of Jacksonville.

    There are shots of the college I went to, a local bar and the bay front that is downtown in the movie!

    ReplyDelete